New rules compliments of FIBA and the BCBOA.
1. All Technical Fouls – penalty = 1 shot + throw-in (possession) at centre.
2. 2 Technical Fouls charged to a player = disqualification & the player must retire to the change room or leave the building. The game will not restart until this is satisfied.
3. 2 Unsportsmanlike Fouls = disqualification & the player must retire to the change room or leave the building. The game will not restart until this is satisfied.
4. Each team will have a maximum of 2 time-outs available when the game clock reads 2:00 of the 4th Q.
5. Regarding the over-and-back rule: an over-and-back violation requires the ball to be in an offensive player’s possession while that player is fully in the front court. If holding the ball, both feet must be fully in the front court and if dribbling, the ball must also be in the front court. Thus, when an attempted pass to the front court hits any player or official standing anywhere in the front court (without an offensive player having possessed it in the front court) and then returns to the back court where it is controlled by an offensive player, an over-and-back violation has NOT occurred. This situation does result in a new back court count to start when the offensive player controls the ball after it has returned to the back court.
6. When an elevated player’s shot is blocked in such a way that the block forces the shooter back to the floor without the ball leaving the shooter’s hand, a jump-ball shall be called. The defender’s hand(s) must remain on the ball until the shooter returns to the floor.
7. Undergarments are allowed for high school competition; however any upper body undergarment must be of the same colour as the uniform. Medical sleeves may be of any colour. Lower body undergarments may be of any colour.