See below or this link doc: 2018 High School Rules Changes – Girls
2018 High School Rules Changes – Girls
- No changes to the reset of the shot clock after the ball strikes the ring – full reset to 24 seconds.
- No change to the undergarments restrictions.
- Last 2 minutes of the game – a defensive player shall not move over the boundary line. After a warning, with the preventive warning signal, any further action shall result in a Technical foul.
- All throw-ins as part of any Unsportsmanlike foul or Disqualifying foul, the throw-in shall be administered from the frontcourt throw-in spot. In all cases, the team awarded the throw-in shall have 14 seconds on the shot clock.
- Shot clock 1. Following a foul or violation against the team in control of the ball in: (a) the backcourt – reset to 24 seconds (b) the frontcourt – reset to 14 seconds.
- During the last 2 minutes of the game – time-out awarded in offensive team’s backcourt, the coach has the option of retaining possession in their backcourt or moving the ball to the throw-in line in the frontcourt.
Note: following the time-out, the Head Coach must immediately inform the closest official which option is be taken. Failure to do so – the throw-in shall remain in the team’s backcourt. (a) backcourt throw-in – 24 seconds after an opponent’s foul, violation, or legal score. (b) no reset if out-of-bounds, double foul or possession arrow. (c) advanced to the frontcourt – reset to 14 seconds if more than 14seconds displayed on the shot clock. If less than 14 seconds, the shot clock is not reset
(d) advanced to the frontcourt – no reset if less than 14 seconds.
- Technical Foul: One free throw to be administered immediately (but following a time-out, if applicable). Following the Technical foul free throw(s), play to resume: ball returns to the team which was in control of the ball or to the team entitled to the ball.
- Ball lodges between the ring and backboard, the shot clock shall be reset to 24 seconds.